Last week we published Mobile Retail Report for Q3 2013. You can now look at the highlights of the report as illustrated by an infographic published at our slideshare account.
Last week we published Mobile Retail Report for Q3 2013. We have also prepared for you an an infographic illustrating key findings of the report. The infographic is published at our slideshare account.
Today MTS launched sales of an MTS-branded smartphone and tablet designed to operate on MTS's LTE networks at speeds up to 100 MB/s. The MTS 1078 tablet and the MTS 978 smartphone are the most affordable LTE-enabled devices available on the Russian market. LTE-enabled devices from MTS come preinstalled with both popular MTS-branded apps, such as MTS Service, MTS TV, Easy Pay, Second Memory, MTS Locator, and MTS Good’OK, as well as leading apps from our partners, including Opera Mini, Facebook, Odnoklassniki, Vkontakte, Twitter, Shazam, OfficeSuite and Antivirus Pro.
Usage of the preinstalled applications has been shown to help drive data ARPU growth from MTS branded smartphones, which is on average by 20% hig her than average data ARPU of all of the smartphones on the MTS networks.
MTS’s LTE networks have been launched in ten of the Russia’s regions. MTS aims to cover 600 population centers with 4G networks by the end of 2014.
3G/4G, WiFi, Bluetooth
IPS HD 7” 1280*800
2*3 megapixel cameras
1.6 HHz processor
1GB op. memory/4GB inbuilt memory
Micro SD (32 GB)
RUB 9 990
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
2G/3G/4G, WiFi, Bluetooth
8 megapixel camera
4.7” IPS HD, 1280х720
1 GB op. memory
Price: RUB 9 490
Tags: LTE, devices
We have issued a report on mobile retail in Russia during Q3 2013, based on the estimates from our mobile retail network.
Highlights from the report:
- During Q3 2013, the number of phones sold in Russia increased by 32% compared to Q2 2013 with around 11.8 mln devices sold- During Q3 2013, the mobile handset market in Russia expanded by 13% in sales compared to Q3 2012 to reach RUB 62.4 bln
- During Q3 2013, the smartphone market increased by 58% compared to Q3 2012 with 5.5 mln smartphones sold
- During Q3 2013, the smartphone market expanded by 40% in terms of sales compared to Q3 2012 to reach RUB 51.5 bln
- At the end of Q3 2013, MTS retail network comprised 4 063 stores, including 1247 franchised outlets.
Please download the complete report here
131125_Retail Report Q3 2013.pdf (588.49 kb)
June 30, 2013
Subscriber data for Russian mobile operators is compiled by Advanced Communications and Media, a management consulting and research agency specializing in telecommunications and media. You can view their Q3 2013 subscriber report here.* Including CDMA subscribers** MTS owns a 49% stake in Mobile TeleSystems LLC, a mobile operator in Belarus, which is not consolidated.
We are pleased to share with you recent results that showcase MTS's robust mobile data networks in Russia. We received data from Ookla, a US-based company, which developed the globally popular 'Speedtest' application. As the company relates, 'millions [use Speedtest] to measure their network performance each day, making Ookla Speedtest the world’s most popular internet utility...and [a]cclaimed for its accuracy, reliability, and ease-of-use.' With three million users per day, it has become a world standard for broadband speed measurement and is freely available for download on the Apple iOS and Android platform.
For this report, over 600,000 measurements were performed by subscribers on 2G/3G/LTE networks in all of the Russia’s regions over the 9 month period from January to September 2013. The results show that MTS offers a clearly superior customer experience for data users and network speeds that are among the fastest in the market.
Speedtest_Russia_9m2013_i.pdf (193.32 kb)
The World Bank issued its annual Doing Business report, which tracks the ease of doing business in 189 countries around the world. Up 19 spots from last year’s report, Russia is now ranked 92. Russia has moved ahead of China and is now ranked the most business-friendly among BRIC nations.
Of the eleven metrics tracked on making it easier to do business, Russia improved in five areas: starting a business, dealing with construction permits, getting electricity, registering property, and trading across borders.
From the report:
· Starting a Business: Russia made starting a business easier by abolishing the requirements to have the banks signature card notarized before opening a company bank account.
· Dealing with Construction Permits: Russia made dealing with construction permits easier by eliminating several requirements for project approvals from government agencies and by reducing the time required to register a new building.
· Registering Property: Russia made transferring property easier by streamlining procedure and implementing effective time limits for processing transfer applications.
· Trading Across Borders: Russia made trading across borders easier by implementing an electronic system for submitting export and import documents and by reducing the number of physical inspections.
· Getting Electricity: Russia made getting electricity simpler and less costly by setting standard connection tariffs and eliminating many procedures previously required.
Ahead of all the BRIC nations, Russia is now on top. The country has a rich heritage of innovation from its early advancements in aerospace, engineering and energy generation, and is now poised to reach new heights. In recent years, Russia has witnessed a number of striking economic developments indicating that its economy is diversifying through the growth of dynamic new industries and the advancement of its expanding and economically-powerful middle class. This new direction marks a shift from the resource-driven industries with which Russia is commonly associated. These consumer-driven innovations will lead to higher wages, increased opportunity and an overall improved quality of life for millions of Russians.
This is Russia’s untold growth story and The New Russia.
Tags: Doing Business
Andrei Dubovskov, MTS President and CEO, spoke with Alan Burkitt-Gray, editor of Global Telecoms Business, about Company's agressive roll-out of the LTE networks, booming mobile data and network sharing. Click here to read the artcicle.
March 31, 2013
Subscriber data for Russian mobile operators is compiled by Advanced Communications and Media, a management consulting and research agency specializing in telecommunications and media. You can view their Q2 2013 subscriber report here.* Including CDMA subscribers** MTS owns a 49% stake in Mobile TeleSystems LLC, a mobile operator in Belarus, which is not consolidated.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
© 2011 Mobile TeleSystems OJSC. All rights reserved.