REPORT ON MOBILE RETAIL IN RUSSIA, Q1 2010
Friday, April 02, 2010
One of our major initiatives in 2009 was the rapid expansion of our mobile retail network and distribution of devices through it. As we have indicated in our Q4 and FY 2009 results presentation, we have sold over 2 million handsets through our network during 2009, gaining a market share of 11.7% by the end of the year (from just over 2% in Q1 2009).
Today we are issuing a report on mobile retail in Russia during Q1 2010, based on the estimates from our mobile retail network. You can download it here.
Highlights from the report:
- The Russian market for handsets grew to around 7.3 million units sold in Q1 2010, a 22% year-on-year growth
- Mobile handset market in Russia reached 33.4 bln rubles in sales in Q1 2010
- The average price of mobile phones on the market during Q1 2010 was 4,594 rubles, approximately 71% of devices sold through our stores were below 5,000
- The market share of MTS retail network grew to 13.8% in Q1 2010 from 11.7% in Q4 2009 (in unit sales)
- MTS-branded handset MTS 236 was the most popular device sold through the MTS retail network, accounting for 8.4% of total units sold
Please download the compete report here:
Mobile retail report Q1 2010