REPORT ON MOBILE RETAIL IN RUSSIA, Q3 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Today we are issuing a report on mobile retail in Russia during Q3 2010, based on the estimates from our mobile retail network. You can download it here.
Highlights from the report:
- MTS estimates that during Q3 2010 the sales of handsets in Russia in terms of the units sold will increase by 34% compared to the same period of 2009 and by 33% compared to Q2 2010
- We expect around 9.78 mln devices to be sold during the quarter
- We estimate that the average retail price of the handsets will increase for the first time in a few quarters. The share of phones priced at under 5 000 rubles constitutes around 77% of total units sold during Q3 2010.
- During Q3 2010, according to our estimates, the market share of the MTS mobile retail network (excluding franchise stores) in terms of handsets sold will reach 14.1% (an increase of 5 percentage points compared with Q3 2009)
- In Q3 2010, the MTS-branded MTS 236 was the most popular device sold through the MTS retail network, accounting for 10.8% of total units sold
Please download the compete report here:
Mobile retail report Q3 2010