REPORT ON MOBILE RETAIL IN RUSSIA, Q2 2012
Friday, August 24, 2012
Today we are issuing a report on mobile retail in Russia during Q2 2012, based on the estimates from our mobile retail network.
Highlights from the report:
- During Q2 2012, the number of phones sold in Russia increased by 7% compared to Q2 2011 with around 9.4 mln devices sold
- During Q2 2012, the mobile handset market in Russia expanded by 17% in sales compared to Q2 2011 to reach 42.9 bln rubles
- The average price of mobile phones during Q2 2012 increased by 9% compared to Q2 2011
- Share of smartphones in the sales mix in the MTS retail network during Q2 2012 reached 27%
- At the end of Q2 2012, MTS retail network comprised 4,156 stores, including 1560 franchised outlets.
Please download the complete report here
Retail Report Q2 2012.pdf (429.51 kb)