Moscow, Russian Federation – PJSC MTS (NYSE: MBT, MOEX: MTSS), the leading telecommunications operator in Russia and the CIS, announces the decisions reached at the meeting of the Board of Directors (“BoD” or “the Board”) held on April 12, 2017.
At the meeting, the Board set the date for the Company’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“the AGM”) for June 29, 2017. The record date for the Company’s shareholders and ADR-holders entitled to participate in the AGM has been set for May 26, 2017. At the meeting, the Board took the following decisions:
The Board recommended that the AGM approves annual dividends of RUB 15.6 per ordinary MTS share (RUB 31.2 per ADR), or a total of RUB 31.17 billion (RUB 31,174,752,570), based on the full-year 2016 financial results.
The Board recommended that the AGM sets the record date for shareholders and ADR-holders entitled to receive dividends for the 2016 fiscal year for July 10, 2017.
In addition, issues entered into the AGM agenda by the Company’s Board include:
- Procedure for conducting the AGM;
- Approval of MTS PJSC Annual Report; MTS PJSC Annual Financial Statements, including MTS PJSC Profit & Loss Statement; distribution of profits and losses of MTS PJSC based on 2016 FY results (including payment of dividends);
- Election of members of Board of Directors of MTS PJSC;
- Election of members of Revision Commission of MTS PJSC;
- Approval of the auditor for MTS PJSC;
- Approval of the Company Charter as amended and restated;
- Approval of MTS Regulations on the Board of Directors as amended and restated;
- Approval of the reorganization of MTS PJSC through the consolidation of subsidiaries with MTS PJSC; and
- Ammendments to Charter of MTS PJSC.
The following candidates have been nominated for the election to the Company’s Board:
- Mr. Alexander Gorbunov, Executive Vice-President, Sistema JSFC;
- Mr. Andrei Dubovskov, President and Chief Executive Officer, MTS PJSC;
- Mr. Ron Sommer, Chairman of the Board of Directors, MTS PJSC;
- Mr. Artyom Zasursky, Vice President, Head of Strategy, Sistema JSFC;
- Mr. Michel Combes, independent director;
- Mr. Stanley Miller, independent director1 ;
- Mr. Vsevolod Rozanov, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Member of the Management Board, Sistema JSFC;
- Ms. Regina von Flemming, independent director;
- Mr. Thomas Holtrop, independent director.
* * *
For further information, please contact in Moscow:
Joshua B. Tulgan
Director, Department of Corporate Finance and Investor Relations
Mobile TeleSystems PJSC
Tel: +7 495 223 2025
Learn more about MTS. Visit the official blog of the Investor Relations Department at www.mtsgsm.com/blog/