Moscow, Russian Federation – PJSC MTS (NYSE: MBT, MOEX: MTSS), the leading telecommunications operator and digital service provider in Russia, announces the decisions reached at the meeting of the Board of Directors (“the Board”) held on April 10, 2018.
At the meeting, the Board set the date for the Company’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“the AGM”) for June 28, 2018. The record date for the Company’s shareholders and ADR-holders entitled to participate in the AGM has been set for May 25, 2018. At the meeting, the Board took the following decisions:
- The Board recommended that the AGM approve annual dividends of RUB 23.4 per ordinary MTS share (RUB 46.8 per ADR), or a total of RUB 46.76 billion (RUB 46,762,117,225.2), based on the full-year 2017 financial results.
- The Board recommended that the AGM set the record date for shareholders and ADR-holders entitled to receive dividends for the 2017 fiscal year for July 9, 2018.
The following candidates have been nominated for the election to the Company’s Board:
- Alexey Kornya, President and Chief Executive Officer,
- Alexey Katkov, Managing Partner, Sistema PJSFC,
- Artem Zassoursky, Vice President, Head of Strategy, Member of the Executive Management, Sistema PJSFC,
- Regina von Flemming, Independent Director,
- Ron Sommer, Chairman of the Board of Directors,
- Stanley Miller, Independent Director,
- Thomas Holtrop, Independent Director,
- Wolfgang Schüssel, Independent Director, and
- Vsevolod Rozanov, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Member of the Executive Management, Sistema PJSFC.
The Board also elected the following to the Management Board:
- Alexey Kornya - Chairman of the Management Board,
- Andrey Kamensky, Vice President, Finance, Investments and M&A,
- Alexander Gorbunov, Vice President, Strategy and Development (appointment comes into effect on April 16, 2018),
- Andrei Smelkov, Vice President, Director, Business Unit ‘Foreign Subsidiaries’,
- Andrei Ushatskiy, Vice President, Technology and IT,
- Igor Yegorov, Director, Moscow Region,
- Kirill Dmitriev, Vice President, Sales and Customer Service,
- Marya Golyandrina, Vice President, Human Resources,
- Ruslan Ibragimov, Vice President, Corporate and Legal Affairs,
- Vyacheslav Nikolaev, Vice President, Marketing, and
- Valery Shorzhin, Vice President, Procurement and Administration.
The Board approved the Budget Committee in the following composition:
- Vsevolod Rozanov – Chairman of the Budget Committee,
- Andrey Kamensky,
- Regina von Flemming,
- Thomas Holtrop.
In addition, issues entered into the AGM agenda by the Company’s Board include:
- Procedure for conducting the AGM;
- Approval of MTS PJSC Annual Report; MTS PJSC Annual Financial Statements, including MTS PJSC Profit & Loss Statement; distribution of profits and losses of MTS PJSC based on 2017 FY results (including payment of dividends);
- Election of members of Board of Directors;
- Election of members of Revision Committee;
- Approval of the status of the candidates to the Board of Directors;
- Approval of the auditor;
- Approval of MTS Charter as amended and restated;
- Approval of MTS Regulations on the Board of Directors as amended and restated; and
- Approval of the reorganization of MTS PJSC through the consolidation of subsidiaries within MTS PJSC.
* * *
For further information, please contact in Moscow:
Joshua B. Tulgan
Director, Department of Corporate Finance and Investor Relations
Mobile TeleSystems PJSC
Tel: +7 495 223 2025
Learn more about MTS. Visit the official blog of the Investor Relations Department at www.mtsgsm.com/blog/